The Brandmeister portal now automatically generates coverage maps for repeaters ! Once sysops have entered their repeater information on BrandMeister (coordinates,height,power,antenna), the portal will provide a coverage map, courtesy of RF mapping leaders RFinder and CloudRF.
- To access the coverage maps, click on a repeater. If the sysop has entered his repeater location information, the map in at the bottom right of the screen will show a green dot and zoomed in the area of the repeater. Hover on the top right icon on the map, and click the "Plot" checkbox
- If you only see a map of the entire world, please contact the repeater owner and ask him to update the information in Brandmeister.
- The maximum range displayed is 100km radius. When repeaters are capable of reaching farther distances, the coverage plot edges will be shaped as a circle, which is due to this limitation.
- The maps database do not include man-made structures, but only terrain information. You will therefore not see gaps of coverage due to tall buildings or other structures.
- Please make sure to populate your repeater information using your personal SelfCare account. To enable repeater management from your personal selfcare account, contact your server admin or brandmeister support. Do not create a SelfCare account for your repeater callsign !
- Important: Enter the HAAT in the height field. The height is measured from the ground (not from sea level). The maps we use already know the terrain elevation at the coordinates you will provide. You just need to indicate the height between the ground at the repeater location and the bottom of the antenna.
- The maps are generated once per day. If you change your repeater data, wait for 24h to see thechanges on the plots.
- If you are uncertain about the exact coordinates of your repeater, just click inside the latitude or longitude field to bring a map, zoom in as close as possible to your location and click on the map where the repeater is located. This will automatically populate the location fields on the repeater form.